MAN’s new D38 is the ultimate truck for heavy-duty, long-haul transportation.
The brand new 15.2L, 560HP six-cylinder common rail engine is both twin turbocharged and intercooled and has unprecedented power and efficiency. With 2,700Nm of torque available in all gears, at all times, the D38 makes pulling heavy loads an effortless task.
In addition to the standard MAN safety features such as EBS, ABS and ESP, the D38 has an additional safety pack that includes the very latest technological advances in driver safety. These features include active cruise control, emergency brake assist, a lane guard system and emergency stopping signals.
Driving long-haul has never been so comfortable than in MAN TGX D38. The cab is packed with features, all coming as standard, that make this model the epitome of driver comfort. Some of these features include an ISRI driver seat with heating and three-way lumbar support; a 36L refrigerated cool box with a pull-up desktop and a touch screen stereo.
MAN’s D38 revolutionises long-haul transportation offering unrivalled comfort, efficiency, and incredible pulling power. An excellent addition to all successful fleets.
Long-haul distribution: prime mover, B-double
Heavy-duty cab chassis 6×4
- Exceptional power
- Outstanding fuel efficiency
- Full torque available in all gears
- Exceptional safety features
- Unparalleled driver comfort
- XLX high roof sleeper cab
- Parabolic spring front suspension
- Hypoid rear axles with diff locks and power divider
- 8-Bag electronically controlled rear air suspension
- Disc brakes all round with EBS & ABS
- ESP stability program and ASR traction control system
- Additional safety pack including adaptive cruise control, lane guard system, emergency brake assist and emergency stopping signal
COMFORT IN THE CAB
You will never meet a driver that doesn’t want to drive a MAN. MAN trucks are the most comfortable truck on the market. This comfort doesn’t come by way of costly add-ons; it’s engineered as standard.
With XL and XLX (extra height) cabs, and generous bunk proportions, your driver won’t want to hand the keys back. This comfort is all supported by four-bags per axle height sensing rear air suspension system, enhancing the outstanding performance and handling of the TGX from MAN.
MAN comfort features include:
- ISRI multi-adjustable driver seat with heating and three-way lumbar support
- Multi-function steering wheel with integrated hands-free bluetooth & music streaming, phone, dashboard interactive display menus, cruise control and programmable speed limiter
- Touchscreen stereo with integrated hands-free Bluetooth, Bluetooth streaming, USB and auxiliary inputs
- Six-speaker sound system with sub-woofer
- One-touch electric windows
- All rear-view mirrors electrically adjustable and heated
- Manual front-view safety mirror
- Three large storage cupboards above windscreen (XLX Cab)
- 36L refrigerated cool box with pull-up desktop
- Under-bunk storage, also accessible from outside of the cab
- Sunblind on door windows to prevent glare
- Light-test function which cycles through all lights on the truck and trailers, allowing the driver to safely check operation
- Carbon-look dashboard trim
German manufacturers are world renowned for their commitment to innovation in safety. You can rest assured that your decision to purchase a TGX from MAN is not only a safe choice for your business and its bottom line, but the only choice for driver safety.
Adaptive Cruise Control
The TGX D38 features MAN’s Safety Pack Active+ which includes Emergency Brake Assist (EBA2) – active emergency braking if the driver fails to brake to avoid a collision – Lane Guard System (LGS4), Active Cruise Control (ACC) and Emergency Stopping Signal (ESS).
These are in addition to the standard MAN safety features such as Electronic Braking System (EBS), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Anti Spin Regulator (ASR) and Roll-over Protection (ROP).
MAN’s other safety features include front cornering lights and impact absorbing deformable cab mounts –allowing the cab to move rearward while absorbing the energy of a collision. The driver and passenger are protected with front and rear crumple zones in the cab providing a defined safety cell plus the reinforced roof design that meets the ECE R-29 crush test. The door structure allows doors to be opened after a collision.
The MAN TGX D38 is a vehicle dedicated to driver safety.
POWER WITH EFFICIENCY
The TGX D38 is the most powerful long-haul truck in the MAN range.
It boasts a brand new 15.2L Euro 6 engine with 560hp of power and 2,700Nm of torque. Crucially, full torque is available at all times in all gears, making towing a B-double on long-haul routes an effortless task.
Weight is reduced through clever innovations such as an oil sump made from durable impact-resistant plastic, offering excellent noise reducing properties. In addition, a revolutionary ‘top-down’ cooling system allows coolant to flow directly to areas under thermal stress, reducing wear.
The state-of-the-art ZF 12-speed automated transmission with ZF intarder (optional) has five stages and can produce up to 600kW maximum braking power and up to 3,300Nm maximum brake torque (depending on speed of the prop-shaft).
The intarder increases safety by maintaining the cruise control setting even on descents with no interruption due to gearshifts.