MAN's TGX is the ultimate truck for heavy-duty, long-haul transportation.
A Heavy-Duty Truck with Exceptional Power and Torque
The 15.2 L, six-cylinder common rail D38 engine now comes in both 580 and 640hp. Twin turbocharged and intercooled, the TGX delivers unprecedented power and efficiency making pulling heavy loads an effortless task.
The TGX ticks all the boxes in engineered safety with a vast array of systems including ABS, ACC, ASR, EBA, ESP, ESR-R29, LGS, and the list goes on! This all forms part of the MAN DNA.
Comfort in a XLX or XXL Sleeper Cab
Driving long-haul has never been so comfortable than in an MAN TGX. Now with XLX and the brand new XXL cab, occupants will experience a whole new level of comfort.
MAN cabs are packed with features including lower entry points and shorter steps improving accessibility, ISRI multi-adjustable driver's seat, a multi-function steering wheel, touchscreen stereo with integrated hands-free Bluetooth, a six-speaker sound system with sub-woofer, one-touch electric windows, a 42 L refrigerated cool box, and much more!
MAN's TGX truck revolutionises long-haul transportation offering unrivalled comfort, efficiency, and incredible pulling power. An excellent addition to all successful commercial truck fleets.
Long-haul distribution: prime mover, B-double
Heavy-duty cab chassis 6x4
- Exceptional engine power
- GVM is 26 tonnes
- A highly efficient prime mover
- Exceptional safety features
- Unparalleled driver comfort
- XLX or XXL high roof sleeper cab
- 4 Bags per axle and height-sensing electronic air suspension
- MANs BrakeMatic system with ABS, ASR brake assistant, and EBA.
- Additional safety features including ACC, lane guard system, ESP, Easystart, ACC, impact absorbing deformable cab mounts that allow the cab to move rearward up to 740 mm in the case of a collision, and much more!
COMFORT IN THE CAB
You will never meet a driver that doesn’t want to drive a MAN. MAN trucks are the most comfortable truck on the market. This comfort doesn’t come by way of costly add-ons; it’s engineered as standard.
With XL, XLX (extra height) and XXL cabs, and generous bunk proportions, your driver won’t want to hand the keys back. This comfort is all supported by four-bags per axle height sensing rear air suspension system, enhancing the outstanding performance and handling of the TGX from MAN.
MAN comfort features include:
- ISRI multi-adjustable driver seat with heating and three-way lumbar support
- Multi-function steering wheel with integrated hands-free bluetooth & music streaming, phone, dashboard interactive display menus, cruise control and programmable speed limiter
- Touchscreen stereo with integrated hands-free Bluetooth, Bluetooth streaming, USB and auxiliary inputs
- Six-speaker sound system with sub-woofer
- One-touch electric windows
- All rear-view mirrors electrically adjustable and heated
- Manual front-view safety mirror
- Three large storage cupboards above windscreen (XLX and XXL Cab)
- 42L refrigerated cool box with pull-up desktop
- Under-bunk storage, also accessible from outside of the cab
- Sunblind on door windows to prevent glare
- Light-test function which cycles through all lights on the truck and trailers, allowing the driver to safely check operation
- Urban-concreate-look dashboard trim
German manufacturers are world renowned for their commitment to innovation in safety. You can rest assured that your decision to purchase a TGX from MAN is not only a safe choice for your business and its bottom line, but the only choice for driver safety.
Adaptive Cruise Control
The TGX features MANâs Safety Pack Active+ which includes Emergency Brake Assist (EBA2) â active emergency braking if the driver fails to brake to avoid a collision â Lane Guard System (LGS4), Active Cruise Control (ACC) and Emergency Stopping Signal (ESS).
These are in addition to the standard MAN safety features such as Electronic Braking System (EBS), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Anti Spin Regulator (ASR) and Roll-over Protection (ROP).
MANâs other safety features include front cornering lights and impact absorbing deformable cab mounts âallowing the cab to move rearward while absorbing the energy of a collision. The driver and passenger are protected with front and rear crumple zones in the cab providing a defined safety cell plus the reinforced roof design that meets the ECE R-29 crush test. The door structure allows doors to be opened after a collision.
The MAN TGX is a vehicle dedicated to driver safety.
POWER WITH EFFICIENCY
The TGX is the most powerful long-haul truck in the MAN range.
It boasts a brand new 15.2L Euro 6 engine with 580/640hp of power and 2,700Nm of torque. Crucially, full torque is available at all times in all gears, making towing a B-double on long-haul routes an effortless task.
Weight is reduced through clever innovations such as an oil sump made from durable impact-resistant plastic, offering excellent noise reducing properties. In addition, a revolutionary ‘top-down’ cooling system allows coolant to flow directly to areas under thermal stress, reducing wear.
The state-of-the-art ZF 12-speed automated transmission with ZF intarder (optional) has five stages and can produce up to 600kW maximum braking power and up to 3,300Nm maximum brake torque (depending on speed of the prop-shaft).
The intarder increases safety by maintaining the cruise control setting even on descents with no interruption due to gearshifts.